About Virtual Power Systems (VPS)
We are revolutionizing power management in data centers with our Software-Defined Power solution. We created an innovative software and hardware solution that we call ICE (for Intelligent Control of Energy), which helps data center operators derisk power availability and get more out of their investment in power infrastructure. We are working with the largest data center operators to dramatically increase their ROI by rethinking how they manage power. We are always looking to bring in new team members that expand our diversity of experience and thought.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join us in realizing our next generation platform. You will work with a team of engineers to build a world-class power management solution that will operate in mission-critical environments and flex the power infrastructure of data centers in new ways. If you love working in teams to build complex software products that delight customers, and are just as excited about words like security, performance, and availability, we want to talk with you!
- Work collaboratively with business, product and and other engineers to design and build our software solution
- Provide technical guidance with knowledge of proven technologies, and work with your peers by example
- Engage in professional development practices to deliver a quality world-class product that operates flawlessly in mission-critical environments
- Ensure compliance of the product with all non-functional requirements that are relevant to data center operations
- Collaborate with the development team members through execution and technical challenges while maintaining strong culture and performance
- 5 years of software development experience, with at least 2 of them as a senior member of a team involved in critical decisions
- Demonstrated expertise in scalable technologies across the full stack (back-end and front-end)
- Experience building and deploying mission-critical systems with demonstrated proficiency in non-functional characteristics of software systems
- Ability to collaborate with team members through critical technical and non-technical decisions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with good communication. organizational and leadership skills
- Proven experience building complex software systems and understanding of professional software development methodologies
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience